Links to lessons and/or ideas that incorporate or use Black Lights here at rotation.org:
Ascension of Jesus
- Member ikinser has three Science Demonstrations about being witnesses, one of which uses black light to reveal the work and presence of God among us, idea found here.
- Supporting member Sherry shared in "Isaiah foretells the Messiah" an idea to do black light skits on Hands and Feet "God With Us" link.
- Supporting member Luanne shared a YouTube link to a Christmas black light done to the song "It's About The Cross" by Go Fish.
- Crucifixion: Long time member Jan includes a black light/glow-in-the-dark alternative idea for her Crucifixion Drama Workshop link.
- Resurrection: How to make an Easter Tomb "STONE" for black light that your kids can roll away! link
Jesus Heals the Ten Lepers
- Supporting Member, CathyWalz, uses black light in one of the experiments in her "Science Workshop" link.
- Guest Puppetmaker - shared idea of their use of black lights inside their blow-up whale link.
- Rev Ron Shifley (Scotland UCC) used blacklights and glow in the dark markers inside their whale - check out their lesson "Prayer Inside the Belly of a Whale" link.
Joshua & Caleb
- Rotation Friend took Supporting Member's CathyWalz ZONK game and adapted it by painting the point values on felt circles with Glow-in-the-Dark paint so that the numbers did not show though the lighter colors of felt. The children held the circles up to a black light to see what they had won. Great game.
Supporting member ZBCC's "A Glowing Witness - Black Light Art Gallery" lesson link.
Using black lights and glowing paints, students explore how Saul’s conversion changed him into a glowing witness for Christ. Students then create a glowing poster that delivers their own message about Jesus to others.
- Writing Team's - Pentecost: Wind, Fire, Faith!: Movement and Music Workshop - our first workshop using black lights! (link available to Supporting Members - become a Supporting Member today!)
- Guest kbalbert shared her idea to use black lights with the song "Here I Am Lord" using white gloves & motions. She lists a few tips for others on doing this link.
Jaymie Derden took the above idea and created a black light drama lesson, see it here.
If you have used black lights, please post your idea or lesson under the appropriate story forum, thanks!