Alternative Haman Cookie Recipe
aka Hamantaschen Cookies—about 4 dozen 2 ½ inch pastries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup margarine
- Sift or mix well the three dry ingredients
- Mix eggs, margarine and juice.
- Add flour mix to egg mixture. If too sticky, add a little more flour and cover.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter.
- Put ½ tsp. filling (jam or chocolate chips) in center of circle.
- Shape into triangles by bringing two sides up to the center and pinching them and then bringing up third side and pinching it. Pinch dough well so the pastry will not open during baking.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool on rack.