Software: "Fall of Jericho" Quiz Game and Quiz Making program
Link to the Downloadable Zip File
The zip includes the Install-Jericho file, an important README file, and a copy of the Guide.
Guide to Jericho -- teaching guide, install helps, and tech tips (also included in the download)
Fall of Jericho is a quiz game "THEMED" on a race from Egypt to Jericho. First one to get there gets to knock down the walls. Players walk through a number of animated "Exodus-Sinai" scenes advancing as they answer correctly. Though it comes with 1400 Bible questions of varying degrees of difficulty, Jericho software's main claim to fame is its easy to use Question Editor. The editor lets you create your own question sets about any story or subject you have been teaching. You can add comments to each question that appear once it is answered. The teaching guide shares a number of question-building and gameplay strategies.
Up to four teams can play at one time. A variety of game options let you do things like play a "shorter/faster" game, display questions randomly or sequentially, and let the "next team" answer if the previous team answers incorrectly.
Age Range: Any age student with help and with the right question set geared toward the player's level. Optimally designed for those who can read. Great for youth and adult groups. Plug in your laptop to a big screen tv or projector and you have a Bible Game Show!
System: Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10 -only. Be sure to see the tech tip in the Guide for making this program fill more of your screen.
Lessons at Rotation.org that use the Jericho software:
Many lessons that reference software here at Rotation.org reference "Fall of Jericho" for its quiz-making ability. Its built-in question editor lets you make your own quiz games about any subject. The following lessons at Rotation.org INCLUDE a downloadable file of quiz questions you can install into Jericho (and edit).
- Joshua - a single question set that covers the following 3 stories: Rabah/2 Spies, Crossing of the Jordan/Stones, Fall of Jericho.
- The Writing Team's Lord's Prayer computer lesson includes a 25 question Jericho file about the Lord's Prayer and its meaning.
- The Lion of Judah Movie lesson set has a computer lesson that includes a set of questions that quizzes students about the movie.
- The Writing Team's Peter Do You Love Me? Computer Workshop.
- Nicodemus - Unlike many Bible lessons where you start first with the Bible Study and then quiz them, in this lesson, the kids will use Fall of Jericho software to take a quiz about the story BEFORE you have explained it to them. The questions and answers will teach the meaning behind the vocab/concepts. When they get an answer right, the game will tell them the WORDS to fill in to their scripture worksheet. First team to complete the scripture worksheet wins.
- Solomon's Wisdom and Temple - includes a single question set that covers both the the story of Solomon's Wisdom and the Temple.
- Road to Emmaus - Lesson states there are 26 questions that are “medium” or “hard” that are intended for the older children. At the end of that set are 25 more questions that are “easy.”
- Ark of the Covenant/Tabernacle - includes two review questions sets that can be used at the end of a rotation 1) Moses review Baby to Mt. Sinia and 2) Ten Commandments and Tabernacle.
- Easter Quiz Set - that covers the whole story. The question set needs about 5 to 10 more questions added to it (using the Jericho question editor), and if you're covering a particular story on Easter, example: Palm Sunday, you could write several questions focusing on that story.
Permissions: This program is being made available to the Supporting Members of Rotation.org free of charge. The program may be installed on as many computers at your church as needed or shared with your church's members for their home use. The file may not be publicly posted or otherwise distributed beyond your congregation's use.
Our thanks to Mike Gale at Sonsoft for donating this program for use by our supporting members!
Screenshot of the Question Editor