Computer Workshop – PowerPoint Presentation
Volunteer Moderator suggests using Kid Pix (as it already has a great selection of backgrounds, pictures, stickers, and you can create slideshows). Purchase through www.Sunday Software.com.
- Read the scripture ahead of time.
- Gather the materials.
- Kid Pix software.
Opening-Welcome and Lesson Introduction:
Greet the children and introduce yourself.
Open with a prayer.
Dig-Main Content and Reflection:
Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-14.
Activity: The kids will create a PowerPoint presentation illustrating these verses.
You can have them do it one of two ways.
Either you can download a collection of pictures for them to choose from or you can allow them to go online and find their own pictures.
You can also choose whether or not they will have music playing as the slide show progresses. If you want music, you will need to find an appropriate sound clip to play.
You can probably use a different program if it allows you to create a slide show.
- Begin by reading Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 to the kids.
- Then explain that we are going to make a PowerPoint presentation to illustrate the verses.
- You may need to give the kids a basic PP lesson on how to insert pictures and text.
- Then let the kids work, either using the collection of pictures that you have downloaded onto their computers or by finding pictures that they like on the internet.
- When they have finished, allow the kids to show off their work.
Questions for discussion:
- What do you think the verses are trying to tell us?
- Read Ecclesiastes 3:9-14 out loud. According to these verses, why does God make a time for everything?
- God makes time for us. Do we make time for Him? Why or why not?
End with a prayer.
A representative of Rotation.org reformatted this post to improve readability.