Cooking Idea for 1 Corinthians 13
- Make a 1 Corinthians Trail mix to help us walk down the “trail of life.”
- As the leader reads the Bible verse, the students stir in the following ingredients to a large bowl:
- Love is patient…add caramel bits. (Found in the baking aisle) It takes a long time to chew up caramel to remind us of the word patience. J
- Love is kind…open some Kind Bars (Found in the granola bar or health food aisle) Crush the bars to make more of a cereal mixture and add to the bowl.
- Love does not envy…open a bag of M and M’s. Take out the green ones. They represent “green with envy.” Add the remaining colors of M and M’s to the bowl.
- I decided to simply add Great Value Fruit Smiles (Found at Walmart in the fruit snack aisle) for the rest of the 1 Corinthians verse. They represent rejoicing in the truth and the positive life of love we need to live.