Hi Beth - Brief recap of how "Holy Experiment," -- our East Coast Maine version, went on 3/29; attached is my script.
I borrowed heavily from you & listed you as a source; also used ideas from the Writing Team's "Palm Sunday: Jesus is the One" lesson plan. It went well, not perfect, but no one "ended meeting" half-way through so I take that as a good sign. Will tweak & hopefully improve over the upcoming weeks.
1. It went much faster than I thought - I had planned for 35, it lasted 22.
2. Kids reserved & hesitant to speak/participate at first.
3. I originally thought it would be good to make it more interactive - get up & jump around w/ a wiggle-tamer, perhaps sing one of the songs we've been learning over the year, but I think that would fall flat.
4. Letting parents know the Bible story, art project & supplies ahead of time is important & appreciated.
5. Having a co-host to run the meeting is key.
Thank you again for posting and providing me a template to plan upcoming lessons. Appreciate it.