Jesus' Last Week & Resurrection
The following set of posts contain 70 Annie Vallotton illustrations covering the story of Jesus' last week: Palm Sunday to Resurrection, and Jesus' post-resurrection encounter with Peter and the disciples.
47 of the illustrations were drawn for the original "Last Week" collection commissioned by the Griggs. In addition, we have added copies of the 23 more last week-related images we found in the other three collections given to us to create the expanded "Last Week" collection you see below. See usage restrictions and copying help.
- Each image is larger than it appears in the posting window. Click the image to enlarge it before saving, or open the attachment at the end of the post.
- To save an image, click it to open it full-size in your browser, then right-click the image to save the large version to your computer.
- Scripture quotes that we’ve included below each image are based on the Good News Bible and Vallotton's own notes.
Why there are two or three versions of each image?
Annie Vallotton originally created these illustrations with colored backgrounds for a multimedia project. To denote these, we have added the word "color" in the original’s filename. They are posted first and then followed by a "white background" version where we have removed the original background color to make them easier on printers.
Look closely at some of the colored versions and you can see the texture of the artist's wash and paper.
White Background: We have created a “white background, color removed” grayscale version of each illustration for those who want to use them to illustrate handouts and not empty their inkjet cartridge. This "white background" version is posted after each original color one. In some cases, creating the white background removed some of Vallotton's background texture, especially in "night" scenes. We left some of that texture where possible.
Tinted Version: In a few cases, we have also posted an alternate color-tinted version of her original illusration --changing the color of the background wash that she choose to something more subtle. Those have the word "tint" in their filename. You can create your own tinted version if you like.
For more information, email email@example.com
Quicklinks to Illustrations in this Collection
- Palm Sunday / Jesus Cleanses the Temple / Jesus Teaches /Sanhedrin Plots to Kill Jesus
- Judas Betrayal / Last Supper / Garden of Gethsemane
- Arrest / Before the Sanhedrin / Peter Denies Jesus / Before Pilate / Soldiers Mock Jesus
- Crucifixion / Resurrection
Thank you to Don and Pat Griggs for sharing their Vallotton Collection with our members! And thank you as well to our Supporting Members whose support of this site makes the sharing of these works of art possible. Thank you