Article on Teaching with Bible Maps in Sunday School (PDF)
Here's what's in the article. It has many lesson examples too.
- Why teach with maps
- Example of teaching a story with a map, questions you can ask
- Young Children and Maps
- 15 lesson ideas for teaching with maps
- Tips for displaying maps
I love to look at Bible maps and teach with them. Always have. Maps are far more than geography lessons. They are "graphic user interfaces" for a trove of information and reflection.
- Maps are “storyboards” which the teacher creates in the student’s mind.
- They are a visual prop upon which to hang our verbally delivered information.
- They are a graphic user interface that can store and trigger memories.
- Maps harness our “love of the hunt”. (Where’s Egypt? How far to Sinai? Where did they go next?)