Summary of Lesson Activities:
Use video “Duke and the Great Pie War” by Veggie Tales to teach the story of Baby Moses.
- Read the background materials ahead of time.
- Gather the materials.
- Preview the video.
- “Duke and the Great Pie War” by Veggie Tales
Advanced Preparation Requirements:
- Make the popcorn
- Have the video ready to go.
Opening- Welcome and Lesson Introduction:
Greet the children and introduce yourself.
Open with a prayer.
Dig-Main Content and Reflection:
Read: The Story
Watch the Video:
“Duke and the Great Pie War” - Veggie Tales
“Babysitter in DeNile”
“Big Sister to the Rescue”
Stop the tape at the “Blues with Larry.”
Ask the questions:
- Why was the pharaoh trying to kill the Hebrew baby boys? There were so many Hebrews, and these boys would grow up to be strong men & fight against the Egyptians.
- Why were there so many Hebrews in Egypt? Joseph was sent to Egypt. His family followed – including his father/Jacob and his 11 brothers. They multiplied into a ‘great nation.’
- When Moses was placed in the river, what was he put in? A basket, little boat from papyrus reeds & lined with tar
- Why was Moses placed in the river? To hide him.
- Who found Moses? The Egyptian Princess, the Princess’ maiden
- The Princess adopted Moses. Who did Miriam/sister suggest to the princess could help watch baby Moses? Moses’ mother
Then watch the rest of the movie (or as much of it as time allows.)
Total running time of the video – 45 minutes.
End with a prayer.
A lesson written by Rachel Haugland from: Elim Lutheran Church
A representative of Rotation.org reformatted this post to improve readability.