We've since "closed" this "During the Pandemic" as we begin to shift our focus to "After."
Visit the "After the Pandemic" discussion to pick up the topic.
This discussion shared ideas and advice related to "re-opening" in-church Sunday School and other children and youth ministries during the COVID-19 Pandemic (where permitted).
"During the panedmic" is open to interpretation.
- Some churches reopened their worship services "during" the height of the pandemic in the fall of 2020 and also opened limited or modified in-person teaching experiences.
- Some states had different laws regarding gathering during the pandemic and some churches had different ideas about what and how to open.
- In some areas, public school attendance stayed "closed" longer than others.
- As the pandemic started to "ease" in early 2021, some churches reopened or increased their programming.
- Some children's ministries are reopening on a limited basis and scale as the vaccine become more widely distributed.
- Most are now anticipating a "return to the new normal" in the fall of 2021, and planning "safer" events like VBS for the summer.