This topic is for posting your Cooking Workshop lessons and ideas for teaching about the Fiery Furnace.
Cooking Idea - Fried Ice Cream
Another idea would be fried ice cream. Roll a scoop of vanilla ice cream in corn flakes mixed with powdered sugar & cinnimon. Then dip it in very hot oil (we will be using a fondue pot) for 10 seconds.
Cooking Idea - Mini Cherry Tarts with Mini-Teddy Grahams
This is a variation on the s'mores idea listed above. I like the I used a mini cherry tart topped with new "Mini" grahams in my lesson plan because the "red" of the tart reminded us more of "fire" and was a nice change of recipe pace for us.
- Take prepared pie crust that is rolled up.
- Unroll and cut out 4 inch circles (makes 7 with scraps left over) place cup cake liners in a muffin pan and put the crust in the liners, smoothing around the sides.
- Put a tablespoon (or so) of canned cherry pie filling in the tart.Make sure the filling does not cover the edges.
- Then I put three chocolate Mini-Teddy Grahams on the top to represent S-M & A. I then put a fourth mini- teddy graham- (honey golden)to represent the angel in the furnace.
- For taste I sprinkles sugar on the top.
- Bake for 20-25 min in a 350 oven.
The clean up is not bad and the kids really got the idea of the red hot furnace with three(four) kids in the middle.