This discussion thread is a catch-all for workshop lessons and ideas that don't fit in the other threads in the Adam and Eve forum.
reposted here from another forum....
Science or Storytelling Workshop:
Is this a SCIENCE Workshop?
Or are these things you could pull out during a STORYTELLING workshop for interactivity? How about both?
Summary of Lesson Activities:
Have the kids imagine the different smells of Eden:
Tell story of Adam and Eve through smells.
- dirt - (formed into Adam)
- streams which watered the whole surface of the ground. (running cold water quickly into the shower at the church behind the boys room, or pouring much water into a bucket, so that kids smell water)
- trees that were "good for food" -= fruit trees. Let them smell and guess different fruit smells.
- Gen 2:10 - "aromatic resin [f] and onyx are also there". - smell of aromatic resin. Maybe take resin used for violin bows.
- Adam named animals - smell of animals? (skunk, pigs, goats, horse or cow dung?, fish, we could bring bunny, and bring some rocks from our fish tank)
- Eve was formed - smell of Eve - I saw there's an "All About Eve Perfume for Women" by Joop! You could pretend that's what Adam smelled when he first met Eve.
- Mystery fruit (from Tree of knowledge of good and evil)smell of passionfruit or something kids don't know. Weird fruits can be found at international grocery.
- Smell of fig leaves, or at least figs, which they can smell and eat.
- thorns and thistles, maybe the ones with the pink flowers.
- Sweat of the brow. Don't tell them its your sweat; keep them guessing. Collect after your workout, or salt water if you prefer.
- Animal skin, which covered Adam and Eve. Maybe a deer or rabbit fur.