During COVID time away, we did some online activities for kids and families. Here is a video for some really simple craft projects kids can do to honor their mothers, made with things many people will have at home. We asked kids to think about some of the things God made special about their mom and include them inside the card. The tissue flowers are just for fun, though it would be easy to do a Bible lesson to connect them as well.
Here are the instructions for the card:
- Glue two pieces of different colored construction paper together or color the side of one piece of paper. The idea is to have a page that has a different color on each side.
- Trace your hand onto the two colored page and cut out the hand shape.
- Fold down the middle and ring finger and glue them down so that the hand is in the “I Love You” hand shape from American Sign Language (see the picture.)
- Fold another piece of paper in half like a card and glue the hand onto the front.
- Write “I love you” on the front and inside write, “God made my mom special!” Then write some of the special gifts that God included with your mom like that she loves Jesus, she is kind, she is funny, she is a good cook, she likes to be with you, etc.