At our church, we decided to do Sunday School "to go" for from Sept through the end of 2020 so I've got some new ways of doing that.
Each child has the opportunity to pick up or be mailed a "to go" kit that includes supplies that they might not have at home as well as some craft kits. I'll list that below.
I'm creating a video each week with original content as well as some of the Saddleback kids videos that we purchased for download (which are great!)
In addition to the video, there is an instruction sheet for each week with discussion topics for families and a coloring page.
You can see at all at: https://www.communityrc.org/kids2020/
We update each week with the newest video but the old ones are all at the bottom.
In their "to go" bag, each child got the following supplies that go with lessons to take them all the way through the end of December. One pick up covers them through 2020 with the hope that maybe in January we'll be doing Children's Ministry activities in person again. Even though they have all of the supplies, I haven't posted all of the lessons and videos yet. I'm posting them weekly as they come:
- A wooden box to decorate for an upcoming Thanksgiving lesson and stickers to go with it
- A treasure digging rock that we got on a clearance at Group publishing some time ago but is basically plaster with some plastic gems inside that kids can "dig up"
- A floating toy about hope from Group publishing called the Hope n Hover that we had leftover from vbs
- A tiny spirograph toy
- A paper guess who/ bingo: https://www.communityrc.org/wp...ploads/Guess-Who.pdf
- Yarn for a weaving project
- Straws for a weaving project
- A battery tea light
- Paper sunglasses for decorating for a New Year's activity in Dec
- A Nativity Charades game from Oriental Trading
- Plastic Gems for marking their bingo card
- A plastic coin
- 2 packages of smarties candies for making scrolls
- An oriental Trading train bracelet kit
- A fuzzy Nativity poster from oriental trading
- A 3D lantern from Oriental Trading
- An Acorn craft, Advent Scratch craft, pipe cleaner angel craft, plastic nativity camera, grace ornament all from oriental trading
- 2 pipe cleaners, a magnet, a bag of beads all for making butterflies later this fall
- A big paper nativity to cut out and decorate.
I've gotten permission from some authors to read their books in my videos so that has been a fun addition.
Here's my general plan (super rough!)
Sept 24- Treasure in heaven
Make a treasure map
Oct 4-seek and you will find
God appears to Elijah in whisper
Oct 11-The Bible is the Light
Last lesson before kits go out
Oct 18- Wisdom
Guess who game
Discovery Rock Treasure excavation kit
Oct 25- Finding surprise treasure- Josiah
Smarties scrolls, bracelets
2 Kings 23:25 NIV
Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the LORD as he did—with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with all the Law of Moses.
God treasures us!
Parable of the lost coin
He will show you which path to take
Jesus gives us direction to fulfill his plan because He loves us and treasures us
Far Flutterby book
Baggie of Beads
Books- The Oak inside the Acorn
Thankful for who God made us to be and for His other good creations
You are Special book
Thankful lists in wooden box with Fall and Leaf stickers
Advent Scratch Reveal
A Christmas Book
Yarn with straws weaving (do on the video)- each kid gets 5 straws, 5 beads
Fuzzy Nativity Poster
Song of the Stars
Lantern craft with candle
The First Christmas Night or This is the Star
Looking for Jesus in 2021!
Star Glasses with star stickers
Hope n Hover by Group toy