Where to buy hard to find individual Lego or Duplo pieces
To purchase individual Lego pieces I don't have in my Lego bucket, like the Chef's hats I wanted to make Lego Priests as shown below, I ordered them from www.bricklink.com.
The site is made up of individual sellers of new and used Lego, you can search for the individual piece you need and it will state how many each seller has on hand, should you require more than one.
Example of cost - I placed an order for 51 pieces, which included the Cook's Toque/Hat (29 cents each), heads & hair (for both male & female). My total order came to $30.11 U.S., which included the $2 shipping. I was lucky and found all the items I was looking for from one specific seller.
Once on the www.bricklink.com website here's how to find a piece(s) and order.
For this example I'll go through the steps of finding/ordering the Cook's Toque (Part #3898):
- In Search box enter either - item name or Item # - example Cook's Toque.
- Three items came up - I clicked on the one shown below.
Minifig, Headgear Hat, Cook's (Toque)
Minifig, Headgear : 3898
- A list of sellers will come up, if not click on the tab that says "Items for Sale".
- Scroll down to bottom of page where it says 25/page - change to 200/page (nothing will happen yet).
- Scroll up to Sort - lowest price and change to -Highest Qty.
It will now list sellers with their stock on hand.
- Scroll down until you find someone located near you, with the Qty in stock you need, and the best price (I figure the closer they are to you, the cheaper the shipping.)
Note: some sellers have a minimum buy $ amount, some none (all prices in U.S. funds).
- Click view item this takes you to that suppliers store (inside bricklink).
- To order - under add to cart - click up arrow until you get the qty you want, then click the green "Add Items to Cart". (On the left are listed other items this particular supplier has available, broken into catergories, so you can search to see if they have anything else you may be looking for.)
- Once you've finished adding your item(s) to your cart. Click on cart and place your order.
- Payment is through PayPal.
- You will get an email from bricklink confirming your order and one from the seller when they've shipped your order.
How to find any specific Lego piece item #:
- First find a Lego set that contains the piece you require. Do this by looking at pictures of Lego Sets, try Lego's official website or any site that sells Lego. Once you find a set that contains the piece you need write that set's item # down.
- Now go back to bricklink.com and in the search field enter the set # you just wrote down.
- Click on it - then click on the tab "Set Inventory" - this will list all the pieces in that set with their corresponding item #'s.
- Look for the piece you need and write down it's specific item #.
- Now follow steps #1 through 11 above to find and order.
Making Lego Priests
Here's how I made the priests:
- Chef hat (item # 3898 - Cook's Toque)
- Head Yellow
- Torso White
- Arms White
- Hands Yellow
- lower body (two choices)
a) 2 - 1 x 2 White bricks
b) White Hip and White Legs
- "Breastplate (12 Stones) for a High Priest
Simply attach small jewel stickers to Torso (chest).
Stickers pictured above purchased at Michaels and are called "Bling Stickers by Recollections, UPC 886946298097. They were great as they were already 3 across, so I just cut a piece of jewles 3 by 4, removed the backing and suck directly to center of chest. Voila!
A lot of bible stories have priests or high priests in them, such as:
- Moses - Aaron (Tabernacle)
- Joshua (Carrying Ark Across the Jordan/Fall of Jericho)
- Simeon-Jesus presented at the Temple
- several Easter stories
- to name a few....
This post was moved here from the Story Table forum.
Man Let Down Through the Roof - Lego Stretchers
I found a supplier with "Green Utensil Stretchers" for .. $0.67 U.S. each