We are 100% funded by churches and people like you who appreciate our extensive resources, share our vision for creative and engaging teaching in Sunday School, and appreciate having a place to ask for lesson and program help. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, we depend on Supporting Memberships to keep us online, expanding, and innovating. We also have free "registered" memberships. (See the difference below.)
Pick an option to become part of our sharing community:
I'm already registered and want to upgrade to a Supporting Membership.
I've never registered but I'm ready to become a Supporting Member.
Right now, I just want to sign up for a free registered membership.
Annual Supporting Memberships are $45 and gain you full access to our thousands of lessons and ideas in the public lesson forums, plus these Supporting Member only resources:
- Access to our super creative and amazing Writing Team lessons.
- Access to our Bible Video Teacher Guides.
- See the FULL list of benefits below!
Both Registered and Supporting members receive our monthly email newsletter.
Unregistered Visitors can browse the site, but certain features and content are invisible to them.
The Many Benefits of Being a Supporting Member
Supporting Members make this site possible, and that's why they get access to every feature, every forum, and lots of resources created specifically for them.
In addition to all of Rotation.org's public lessons and resources, Supporting Members can...
- Access all the Writing Team's lesson sets. YEARS worth of creative lesson plans at your fingertips!
- Access Rotation.org's Bible Video Guides.
- Access the site's keyword SEARCH feature. (Really helpful!)
- Use the "Bookmark" a topic or post and create a "favorites list" to return to later.
- Have a Voice in making site decisions.
- Upload photos and attachments.
- Change your "Displayed Name" after registering.
- Mark all forums as "read."
- Use the "invite" feature to invite teachers to join by email.
- View & Search the Member Directory.
- Enjoy the 'Supporting Member' badge displayed next to their screen name.
- Revel in the knowledge that you are part of a unique, grassroots, volunteer-led, non-profit and innovative approach to resourcing Sunday School
Supporting Members can be individuals or churches. Church leaders are welcome to share their Supporting Member access with volunteers in their congregation.
If you or your church would prefer to send a $45 check to open a Supporting Membership account, mail your check to "Rotation.org Inc." along with your name and registered member screen name to. After receiving your check, we'll change your member status.
c/o Cathy Walz, Treasurer
1518 Elgin Ave
Forest Park, IL 60130
More about Rotation.org and its Board of Directors
Rotation.org is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation owned and operated by an elected Board of Directors. Founded in 1997, and incorporated in 2005, our site is the product of hundreds of volunteers, teachers, Church educators, writers, and pastors collaborating in an unprecedented way across distance, time, and denominational lines.
Our volunteer Board of Directors oversees all website content and finances. Each of our Directors has decades of Christian education experience serving in local congregations. You are welcome to contact them directly.
Anne is a Christian Educator—now retired from Shadyside Presbyterian in Pittsburgh, PA and living on St. Simon's Island, Georgia. Anne's church was one of the first Presbyterian Rotation churches to spring up outside of the Chicago in the 90's. She was Rotation.org's treasurer until early 2017 and serves as one of our Writing Team editors.
Past Rotation.org Board Members
- Heidi Weber, DCE at Slidell UMC in Slidell Louisiana
- Tanja Rouintree, CE coordinator at the Presbyterian Church in Nevada Missouri.
- Julie Burton, Director of Congregational Resources for Eastern Oklahoma Presbytery.
- Cindy Merten, DCE, First Presbyterian Church, Birmingham MI.
- Jeanne McIver, Westminster Presbyterian, Dayton OH.
- Ken and Phyllis Wezeman, Mishawaka IN. (and former staff at Rotation.org)
- Neil MacQueen, Presbyterian minister, (now in) Westerville OH
Our paid webmaster, content manager, and Writing Team Lead Writer is Neil MacQueen (pictured above with the Board at its 2019 meeting). Neil created Rotation.org in 1997 and turned it over to the Board in 2005. In 2013, we invited Neil to return as our paid webmaster to help manage the site's growing technical complexity and improve the quality of our content. Known as one of the founders of the Workshop Rotation Model, Neil is a Presbyterian minister specializing in Christian education (and now living in Westerville Ohio).
Rotation.org is an independent ministry.
We are not connected to any publisher or denomination. Our only source of income comes from individuals and individual churches. The MAJORITY of our lessons and articles are open to everyone free-of-charge.
Rotation.org's Board Members, leaders, editorial policies, and content contributors reflect a "mainline" denominational point of view (Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc.). We expect our members to adapt all material from the site to suit their own theological needs.
Who owns the domain name and posted materials?
This site and "Rotation.org Inc." are owned by the Board.
ALL materials on this website belong to the author(s) named with each post. By posting to our site, the author is giving Rotation.org the right to display, improve, move, or delete the material as it sees fit. Read our Terms of Service for more specifics.
The Cost of Running Our Site
All totaled, it takes about $45,000 a year to operate rotation.org. This is entirely funded by supporting memberships and special gifts from members and their churches.
We have three major expenses:
(1) Paying for our platform hosting. We use Social Strata's Hoop.la state-of-the-art community software. It's not cheap, but its a great tool for sharing.
(2) Webmaster services. Daily site monitoring and maintenance, graphics, coding, content updates and creation, and organizational improvements. Years ago we did this with volunteers, but as the size and complexity of our site continues to grow, so have our technical needs.
(3) Editing and Writing Team Support. Improving existing content and adding new lesson content is a big priority for our Board and Supporting Members. Our Writing Team volunteers are trained by and write with our paid Lesson Writer to produce amazing stuff!
Unique, non-denominational, volunteer-led..... Rotation.org is not only a great resource, we're also demonstrating a new way of supporting and resourcing each other using today's technology with a non-profit strategy that's not hobbled by marketing needs, the limitations of paper publishing, and denominational politics.
Make an "Over and Above" Donation!
Many churches and individuals make an annual or one-time donation over and above their Supporting Member contribution in support of Rotation.org. In fact, to make our budget we need many to do just that.
To make an "over and above" donation, go to our Online Donation option at the non-profit "Networkforgood.org" website "donation cart". (And remember, this networkforgood.org donation option is not the same as becoming an annual Supporting Member through the Lesson Exchange. NetworkforGood.org works with thousands of organizations and churches to provide them with a simple online donation option. It's safe and secure.
If you prefer to send your "over and above" contribution by check, send it payable to Rotation.org Inc to:
c/o Cathy Walz, Rotation.org Treasurer
1518 Elgin Ave
Forest Park, IL 60130 (please include your name and email with the check)