Pick an option to become part of our sharing community:
I'm already registered and want to become a Supporting Member!
I've never registered but I'm ready to become a Supporting Member.
Right now, I just want a free registered membership and to get the newsletter.
I'd like to make an "over and above" donation to Rotation.org's ministry.
Annual Supporting Memberships are $45. In addition to having full access to our thousands of lesson and teaching resouces in our public lesson forums, you also get full access these Supporting Member-only resources:
- Access to our super creative and amazing Writing Team lessons.
- Access to free Children's Bible Software!
- Access to our Bible Video Teacher Guides.
- See the FULL list of benefits below!
"Registered" Memberships are free. They give you the ability to view all our public forums, post content, ask questions in the Teachers Lesson Lounge, and in some cases download PDFs. Registered memberships do not include access to Supporting Member resources (Writing Team lessons, Software, Bible Video Guides Collection, and special site features).
Both Registered and Supporting members receive our email newsletter.
Unregistered Visitors can browse the site, but certain features and content are invisible to them.
Supporting Memberships Make Our Site & Special Resources Possible!
We are 100% funded by churches and people like you who appreciate our extensive resources, share our vision for creative and engaging teaching in Sunday School, and appreciate having a place to ask for lesson and program help. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, we depend on Supporting Memberships to keep us online, expanding, and innovating.
The Many Benefits of Being a Supporting Member
Supporting Members make this site possible, and that's why they get access to every feature, every forum, and lots of resources created specifically for them.
In addition to all of Rotation.org's public lessons, resources, and our newsletter, Supporting Members can...
- Access all the Writing Team's lesson sets. YEARS worth of creative lesson plans at your fingertips!
- Access to our Children's Bible Software Forum -- 18 free downloadable children's Bible software programs designed for kids for use on PCs. Donated by Sunday Software to our supporting members for their use at church or in their member's homes.
- Access to our Sunday School Lessons for Home Use
- Access Rotation.org's Bible Video Guides. Over two-dozen printable guides to some of the most popular Bible videos for kids, including the What's in the Bible? series.
- Access the site's keyword SEARCH feature. (Really helpful!)
- Upload photos and attachments.
- Change your "Displayed Name" after registering.
- Mark all forums as "read."
- View & Search the Member Directory.
- Enjoy the 'Supporting Member' badge displayed next to your screen name.
- Have a Voice in site decisions and be eligible to serve on our Board.
- Revel in the knowledge that you are part of a unique, grassroots, volunteer-led, non-profit and innovative approach to resourcing Sunday School!
Supporting Members can be individuals or churches. Church leaders are welcome to share their Supporting Member access with volunteers in their congregation.
If you or your church would prefer to send a $45 check to open a Supporting Membership account, mail your check to "Rotation.org Inc." along with your name and registered member screen name to. After receiving your check, we'll change your member status.
c/o Cathy Walz, Treasurer
1518 Elgin Ave
Forest Park, IL 60130
More about Rotation.org and its Board of Directors
Rotation.org is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation owned and operated by an elected Board of Directors. Founded in 1997, and incorporated in 2005, our site is the product of hundreds of volunteers, teachers, Church educators, writers, and pastors collaborating in an unprecedented way across distance, time, and denominational lines.
Our volunteer Board of Directors oversees all website content and finances. Each of our Directors has decades of Christian education experience serving in local congregations. You are welcome to contact them directly.
2021 Board Members:
Beth Tobin joined our Board in 2021. She is the Director of Children's Ministry at Gloria Dei Lutheran in Olympia Washington, member of our Writing Team, and a long-time Rotation Modeler. Read Beth's Bio
Robin joined our Board in 2020 after retiring as the Director of Christian Education at Athens First UMC in Athens Georgia. She's a long-time member of the site and member of our Writing Team. See Robin's bio here.
Amy Crane Amy is a teacher at Faith Presbyterian in Covington, LA with a special passion for drama and puppets. Amy maintains our Facebook page and is one of our Writing Team writers and editors. Amy has been the Board's President since 2019. See her bio here.
Carol Hulbert Carol is a retired Rotation Teacher and writer at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor MI. Carol was Rotation.org's first President and shepherded us through incorporation. She currently is co-administrator of the site, and is also a member of the Writing Team.
Luanne Payne Luanne is the Rotation Coordinator and a teacher at Hampton United Church in Hampton Ontario, Canada. Also known as, "the resource lady," Luanne is our most recent past-President, served as the Chief Editor for the Writing Team's 2015-18 renovation project, and continues in the role of the Team's volunteer Editor. See her bio here.
Cathy Walz Cathy is a Rotation Teacher and writer at St John Lutheran Church, Chicago IL. A retired RN, Cathy is currently the Board's treasurer, works on special content projects, and also helps generate ideas for the Writing Team.
Past Rotation.org Board Members
- Donna Grabert, DCE, Turning Pointe Church (UMC) in Evansville IN.
- Anne Camp, Church Educator at Shadyside Presbyterian in Pittsburgh (retired).
- Jaymie Derden, Church Educator at State St. UMC in Bristol VA (retired).
- Heidi Weber, DCE from Slidell, Louisiana
- Tanja Rouintree, CE coordinator from Nevada Missouri.
- Julie Burton, former Director of Resources for Eastern Oklahoma Presbytery.
- Cindy Merten, DCE, First Presbyterian Church, Birmingham MI.
- Jeanne McIver, Westminster Presbyterian, Dayton OH (retired)
- Ken and Phyllis Wezeman, Mishawaka IN. (and former staff at Rotation.org)
- Neil MacQueen, Presbyterian minister, Westerville OH
Our paid webmaster, community manager, and Writing Team Lead Writer is Neil MacQueen. He created Rotation.org in 1997 and turned it over to a volunteer Board in 2005. In 2015, we asked Neil to return as our part-time webmaster and editor to help manage the site's growing technical complexity and improve the quality of our content. Neil is a Presbyterian minister specializing in Christian education (and now living in Westerville Ohio). Read Neil's Bio
Rotation.org is an independent ecumenical ministry.
We are not connected to any publisher or denomination. We are funded by individuals and congregations. The majority of our content is open to everyone free-of-charge.
Rotation.org's Board Members, leaders, editorial policies, and content reflect a "mainline" denominational point of view (Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc.). Everyone is encouraged to adapt site content to suit their own theological needs.
Who owns the domain name and posted materials?
This site and "Rotation.org Inc." are owned by the Board of Directors.
ALL materials on this website belong to the author(s) named with each post. By posting to our site, the author is giving Rotation.org the right to display, improve, move, or delete the material as it sees fit. Read our Terms of Service for more specifics.
The Cost of Running Our Site
All totaled, it takes about $45,000 a year to operate rotation.org. This is entirely funded by supporting memberships and special gifts from members and their churches.
We have three major expenses:
(1) Paying for our platform hosting. We use Social Strata's "Crowdstack" (aka "Hoop.la") state-of-the-art community software. It's not cheap, but it's a great tool for sharing.
(2) Webmaster services. Daily site monitoring and maintenance, graphics, coding, content updates and creation, and organizational improvements. Years ago we did this with volunteers, but the size and complexity of our site requires regular and experienced part-time help.
(3) Editing, Resource creation, and Writing Team Support. Improving existing content and adding new content is a big priority for our Board and Supporting Members. This process is done with the assistance of our part-time Lead Writer. Our Writing Team volunteers also work with our Lead Writer to produce amazing lessons.
Unique, non-denominational, volunteer-led..... Rotation.org is not only a great resource, we're also demonstrating a new way of supporting and resourcing each other using today's technology with a non-profit strategy that's not hobbled by marketing needs, the limitations of paper publishing, and denominational politics.
Make an "Over and Above" Donation!
Many churches and individuals make an annual or one-time donation over and above their Supporting Member contribution in support of Rotation.org. In fact, to make our budget we need many to do just that.
To make an "over and above" donation, go to our Online Donation option at the non-profit "Networkforgood.org" website "donation cart". (And remember, this networkforgood.org donation option is not the same as becoming an annual Supporting Member through the Lesson Exchange. NetworkforGood.org works with thousands of organizations and churches to provide them with a simple online donation option. It's safe and secure.
If you prefer to send your "over and above" contribution by check, send it payable to Rotation.org Inc to:
c/o Cathy Walz, Rotation.org Treasurer
1518 Elgin Ave
Forest Park, IL 60130 (please include your name and email with the check)