Posts in this Topic:
- Overview of the App
- Detailed Outline of the 170+ Story Presentations!
- Individual outline of the app's Christmas and Holy Week stories
- Navigational Guide and Tech Tips
Rotation.org's recommendation that you download the free SunScool Bible App is part of our on-going commitment to teaching with a variety of mediums in Sunday School, including computers and tech.
We have received nothing but "thank you!" from SunScool organization and are pleased to recommend and support their terrific resource.
In addition to "Computer" Workshop lesson resources, and other software recommendations organized by Bible story in our Lesson Forums, we also have 24 free downloadable Bible software programs here on our site!
See a full menu of our Software and Tech Resources here
In This First Post:
This free app for younger and older kids is very cool, deep, fun to use, and age-adaptable. There's so much to it that it is hard to describe without the app in front of you. PREVIEW IT by downloading the free app from the Sunscool.org website.
- Works on Smartphones, Tablets, Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
- Each of the Bible story presentations features narration, animation, and verse games and quizzes interspersed within each story.
- Each story has narrated text onscreen and Bible verses you can pop up that are quoted from or based on the NIV.
- Stories adjust their scope, vocab, and game content depending on the AGE LEVEL YOUR SELECT, meaning the app has over 170 different possible Bible stories to choose from.
- A "guiding hand" appears onscreen to prompt students what to do next. This guidance system increases its help in younger levels.
When you first open the app it asks you for your age so that it can adjust its "help" system for you (I really liked that feature). Level 3 is the sweet spot for children who can read up to about fifth graders. Levels 1 and 2 tell less of the story and have easier and fewer activities. Importantly, selecting a level also adjusts the story content itself, availability of certain stories, and story titling. Read more about that in the Guide below.
More app details:
- Modestly animated stories with kid-friendly narration.
- Can be downloaded to just about any type of smartphone, iPad or Android tablet, or Windows PC. Internet required to download the app and individual stories.
- Lots of "during the story" and "after the story" activities geared to the story, including word searches, memory verses, and quiz questions ---with 'helps' based on your age.
- Kids win diamond awards for reading and completing each activity and story.
- The game reminds them what they have left to do in a story.
- Based upon the free multi-lingual Bible lessons for children produced by Bible Educational Services, a UK international Bible ministry.
- Generally ecumenical (with some things you may want to say differently).
When installing the Windows version on a PC, you may get a blue box warning you not to install the program. It's fine. Click "DETAILS" and select "RUN ANYWAY."
Screenshot showing the download menu at www.SunSchool.org:
Next up in this topic: A detailed OUTLINE to all four levels of Bible stories