Some thoughts about what stewardship is and isn't...
Feel free to add yours.
Seven Signs You Are Not Serious About Teaching Stewardship
- You make it primarily about collecting and giving money.
- You make it primarily about what the church is doing.
- Your church and classroom do not practice good stewardship of resources.
- You do not address all facets of a person's life as places where stewardship can be exercised.
- You are not teaching money and time management disciplines.
- You teach stewardship as a seasonal lesson instead of a year-round daily lifestyle.
- Your own life is sorely lacking in examples of good stewardship.
Stewardship of what?
- Stewardship of your faith -- building your response to the world on rock rather than sand.
- Stewardship of Creation, ...environment, Creation-friendly practices, advocating,
- Stewardship of our bodies, ...health as a gift to be cared for, what you fill your mind with.
- Stewardship of our talents and spiritual gifts, identifying, nurturing, channeling.
- Stewardship of your time and priorities, n...ot wasting time, rest, work, play, service
- Stewardship of our relationships with other people, ...caring, empathy, justice
- Stewardship of money and possessions, ...the purpose of work and sharing of rewards.
- Stewardship of ________________.
What is Stewardship?
Stewardship = Responding to God's love by caring for what God has given us
Stewardship = A heart of selflessness and generosity.
Stewardship = A hopeful, optimistic faith that looks to solve the world's problems rather than retreat from them.
Stewardship = Leading an exemplary life that encourages others to do the same.
Stewardship = Recognizing how you are contributing to problems and making changes.
Stewardship = ______________________.