Art Lessons, Ideas, Activities, and Resources for Teaching "Jesus' Birth Through the Eyes of the Wisemen" in Sunday School.
Post your Sunday School ART lessons, ideas, activities, and resources for "Jesus' Birth Through the Eyes of the Wisemen, Magi" here.
- Please include a scripture reference, supply lists, sources, suggested age range, age modification, etc.
- Photos are much appreciated! Click "attachments" and upload to your post.
- Please be careful to not post copyrighted materials. Excerpting and paraphrasing is okay. Include attribution.
Three Kings, Magi, Wisemen, Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh, Star of Bethlehem, Matthew 2:1-18, Herod, Jesus' birth, etc.
Bible lessons for "Jesus' Birth Through the Eyes of the Wisemen, Magi" -with Art, craft, painting, construction, drawing, etc.
Activity: Make scented sachet packets. Will remind the children that perfume was one of the gifts the wise men traveled so far to bring.
- cloth rectangles, approx 6 x 12 inches in size
- pinking shears
- 18 inch lengths of ribbon, yarn with metallic fibre or multicolour yarn (something to tie up a package fit for a king!)
- cinnamon sticks and whole cloves
- glue gun
Have the kids select a length of cloth, and pink the edges if they wish. Fold strips in half long-ways to form a small rectangular bag. Glue gun the 2 pinked edges. Leave the top open. Put a dozen cloves and 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks in each bag. (If you break up the sticks, the scent is stronger.) Tie the yarn or ribbon around the neck of the bag about 1 inch from the top. Kids can further embellish by gluing on sequins, lace, more ribbon, etc.