Computer Lessons, Ideas, Activities, and Resources for the Lord's Prayer
Post your Sunday School computer lessons, ideas, activities, and resources for the Lord's Prayer.
- Please include a scripture reference, supply lists, sources, suggested age range. age modification, etc.
- Photos are much appreciated! Click "attachments" and upload to your post.
- Please be careful not to post copyrighted materials. Excerpting and paraphrasing is okay. Include attribution.
Lord's Prayer - Matthew 6:9-13, Luke 11:1-13, Our Father, who art in heaven, Kingdom come, How to pray, etc.
Bible lessons and ideas about the Lord's Prayer -with Computer, software, interactive stories, games, etc.
The following lesson is part of a much larger set of lessons I wrote about the Kingdom of God over in the Parables Forum.
The Lord's Prayer is a Prayer for the Kingdom
Who our King is. What we are to ask for and do in the Kingdom, and What God will do for us in his Kingdom.
The Lord's Prayer
Summary of Lesson Activity:
The Lord's Prayer is one of the four lesson-games in Galilee Flyer CD. The pop-up notes and questions the kids answer as they fly over the Seas of Galilee help explain the images and meanings of the Lord's Prayer. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to play the game. Young children will need older helpers.
- Lord's Prayer could easily be called "The Prayer for the Kingdom". Jesus told us to pray for it. And that prayer is a set of marching orders as well.
- Thus, in my software lesson, I'm going to focus on the kids learning and understanding the Lord's Prayer.
Teacher preparation in advance:
- Remember to print the game guide and flying helps.
- Gather the materials.
- Explore the software.
- Galilee Flyer CD for each of your computers
Opening-Welcome and lesson Introduction:
Greet the children and introduce yourself.
Open with a prayer.
Dig-Main Content and Reflection:
The lesson begins with a brief Bible study to find the Lord's Prayer, recite it, then introduce it as a "Prayer for the Kingdom of God". Then you will read this restating of the Lord's Prayer as a "Prayer for the Kingdom" and move quickly into the Galilee Flyer CD game about the Lord's Prayer.
Our Father in your Kingdom your name is hallowed (remember: heaven=kingdom)
We pray that Thy Kingdom Come, and that Thy Will GET DONE here, as it does in heaven.
Give us today what we need to live in your Kingdom,
And forgive us our sins, as we go about your Kingdom forgiving others
In your Kingdom we trust you will deliver us from hard testing and from evil
for YOUR Kingdom, and your power, and your glory is forever. Amen
- Ask the kids to recite the Lord's Prayer.
- Find it in scripture.
- Dive into the Galilee Flyer CD...they'll learn the scripture in-depth there.
Once they all land after completing the game, have everyone fly to the discussion area in the southern end of the sea to consider the discussion questions there.
End with a prayer.
Adaption for younger children:
Younger children can play Galilee Flyer CD with lots of help. You'll also find the prayer in the PLAY AND LEARN CHILDREN'S BIBLE CD.
This lesson is part of the 12 lesson set I wrote about the Kingdom of God over in the Parables Forum. I am the owner of the two CDs referenced in this lesson. <>< Neil
For an alternate computer lab lesson on the Lord's Prayer...
Have the kids REPHRASE the prayer just like I did above and type/illustrate it into KID PIX, --the program I call "powerpoint for kids". Whatever they type, the program can speak out loud.
You can also have older kids rephrase each line one at a time in LET'S TALK CD. The teacher should introduce each line one at a time and help the kids think of alternative vocab. Then play back what they type, discuss, and move on to the next line.
A lesson written by Neil MacQueen